Sunday, 6 October 2013

Loop Stitch Tutorial

The loop stitch is an easy one, but on first glance appears quite fiddly.  I thought it might be useful to make a tutorial to help you work through the stitch, so that you can go ahead and make your very own Sheldon the Sheep!



I have made both a video and photo tutorial, as I know I usually have to see both to really understand what goes where!

Photo Tutorial

The first thing to note in the Sheldon pattern is that when working the head and body, I suggest to work in the back loop only.   Why?  I'm not sure really, it's just the way I've always done it!


Step 1: Put your crochet hook through the back loop of the next stitch, and then yarn over.


Step 2: Next, stick out your index finger that is feeding the yarn.  This makes the 'loop' of the loop stitch.


 Step 3: Can you see the yarn hanging between my index and middle finger?  Catch it with your crochet hook.

Step 4: Pull it through the first loop on the hook.  You should then have 3 loop on your hook.  

Step 5: Yarn over again.


Step 6: Pull the yarn through all three stitches.  And your done!  The loop will show on the back of the piece you are working on.  




Video Tutorial


video

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!
    I can imagine a loopy cushion cover using this technique too.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh it would be yarn-hungry but it would be amazing!

      Thank you for taking the time to come and look at my page - I can't believe Lucy from Attic24 has commented on my blog! *blush*

      Delete
  2. This would make really fun dolly hair, I'm going to give it a go next time I make a boy doll. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I'd love to see photos when you make him :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Leah, I have commented elsewhere but JIC (just in case) here I go ahead. I am having a problem with Rounds 4 and 5 of the face and possible 9 and 10.
    Please help me. Regards Paddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leah, I too am having trouble with row 4 and 5 in crocheting the Face. Is
    the 2dc,dc,2dc,dc,2dc,dc crocheted all in one stitch, or over the next 4 stitches, or is it 2dc,dc, in the first of 4 stitches? I just can not figure out how to work the pattern stitches over the "next 4 stitches". I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to say. Thank You, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leah, I too am having trouble with row 4 and 5 in crocheting the Face. Is
    the 2dc,dc,2dc,dc,2dc,dc crocheted all in one stitch, or over the next 4 stitches, or is it 2dc,dc, in the first of 4 stitches? I just can not figure out how to work the pattern stitches over the "next 4 stitches". I hope you can figure out what I'm trying to say. Thank You, Joan

    ReplyDelete

© Curly Girl Coop. Powered by